Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Every Day in May


Cedar Point Lighthouse, Long Island, NY
Originally uploaded by roflute

This is the second year that I am attempting this challenge. Last year I got about halfway through the month before the busy-ness of my life got in the way. Hopefully I will succeed to draw something each day in May and post it to the Flickr group. I like that they have a list to follow to give us inspiration.

It was rainy most of the day on Tuesday so I chose a photo I took last May of this abandoned lighthouse at Cedar Point beach on Eastern Long Island, NY. I remember it being a nice hike getting to this place and watching all the terns and shorebirds on the way.

This sketch was done pretty quickly since I wanted to get it done the actual first day in May. I need to practice sketching quick and work my way to sketching on location

No comments: